VCV Rack is a free open-source virtual modular synthesizer: multiple modules can be connected to synthesize a sound. By default the software contains several VCOs, LFOs, mixers, and other standard synthesizer modules, however more can be added as plugins through the VCV Rack website.
In addition to the above features, VCV rack can also connect to other hardware and software by outputting analog CV/gate and digital USB or MIDI signals. The software can also connect to other VST plugins though the module "host"; the ability to use VCV rack as a VST plugin itself was a feature that has been deprecated but is expected to return shortly after the release of Rack v2.
- Ted Pallas, ed. (7 December 2017). "A guide to VCV Rack, a software Eurorack modular you can use for free". CDM.
- Mark Strauss, ed. (6 March 2018). "VCV Rack - Open-source modular synthesiser". residentadvisor.net.
- "Rack/CHANGELOG.md". VCV Rack on Github.
- Peter Kirn, ed. (19 June 2019). "VCV Rack hits 1.0; why you need this free modular now". cdm.link.
- "Is VCV Rack available as a VST/AU/AAX plugin for DAWs?". VCVrack.com. 26 July 2019.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|