|Original author(s)||Andrew Belt|
1.1.6 / 4 November 2019
Lua error in Module:EditAtWikidata at line 36: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|Operating system||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows|
|License||GPL license V3 and proprietary for some graphics and 3rd party modules|
VCV Rack is a free and open-source cross-platform software modular synthesizer.
VCV Rack is a free open-source virtual modular synthesizer: multiple modules can be connected to synthesize a sound. By default the software contains several VCOs, LFOs, mixers, and other standard synthesizer modules, however more can be added as plugins through the VCV Rack website.
Version 1.0.0 added a stable API, a multithreading engine and support for polyphonic signals.
In addition to the above features, VCV rack can also connect to other hardware and software by outputting analog CV/gate and digital USB or MIDI signals. The software can also connect to other VST plugins though the module "host"; the ability to use VCV rack as a VST plugin itself was a feature that has been deprecated but is expected to return shortly after the release of Rack v2.
- ↑ Grosse, Darwin (22 January 2018). "Open Source Synthesis: Behind The Scenes With VCV Rack Creator Andrew Belt". Synthtopia. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- ↑ "VCV Rack". GitHub. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- ↑ "Releases". Github. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- ↑ https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/blob/v1/LICENSE-GPLv3.txt
- ↑ Ted Pallas, ed. (7 December 2017). "A guide to VCV Rack, a software Eurorack modular you can use for free". CDM.
- ↑ Mark Strauss, ed. (6 March 2018). "VCV Rack - Open-source modular synthesiser". residentadvisor.net.
- ↑ "Rack/CHANGELOG.md". VCV Rack on Github.
- ↑ Peter Kirn, ed. (19 June 2019). "VCV Rack hits 1.0; why you need this free modular now". cdm.link.
- ↑ "Is VCV Rack available as a VST/AU/AAX plugin for DAWs?". VCVrack.com. 26 July 2019.
|File:Commons-logo.svg||Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|